COSIS.net Data Protection
1. COSIS.net is operated in compliance with European and German laws and regulations on Data Protection, for example the German "Bundesdatenschutzgesetz" (short BDSG) the German "Telemediengesetz" (short TMG) and the European Directive 95/46/EC. The Provider of COSIS.net, e-public: electronic publishing + consulting GmbH, Kreuzbergstr. 30, 10965 Berlin, Germany, email: email@example.com / fax: +49 (0)30 26 55 09 41, protects personal data of COSIS.net Users.
2. By accepting this Data Protection statement the User of COSIS.net expressly consents to the storage and processing by the Provider of COSIS.net of the User's personal data ("Personal Data") and data generated by transactions of the User within COSIS.net ("Traffic Data") (jointly referred to as "User Data") according to the rules set forth herein.
3. The Provider stores Personal Data the User enters upon registry or chooses to enter later within COSIS.net, for example name, academic titles, e-mail address, business address, birthday, gender, publications, position in scientific organizations etc. Further the Provider stores data about transactions of Users within COSIS.net (being partly Personal and partly Traffic Data), for example forum entries, login data (IP-address, date/time, duration of session, type of User's web browser), the acceptance of new members to the User's professional network within COSIS.net ("Professional Network members") or related transactions.
5. Openly visible for other Users in COSIS.net after registry are only name (including academic titles) and business address. The User can choose to make available other information to the entire community of COSIS.net Users (the "COSIS.net community") or to selected Users within the Professional Network, for example the User's e-mail address, pictures, vita etc. The User can change the visibility of personal information within COSIS.net in the "Profile" section on the "Privacy Settings" page at any time.
6. COSIS.net does not pass on User Data to unlicensed third parties. However, where a User is affiliated with an organization or entity which uses COSIS.net as its administration or management system on a license basis ("licensed organization or entity") such organization or entity does have access to Personal Data (visible or invisible) of this affiliated User in COSIS.net for internal administration and management purposes. Personal data relating to a particular licensed organization or entity (for example a membership of the respective User in a medalist jury of this organization) are not accessible to other licensed organizations or entities (nor to unlicensed third parties anyway). An affiliation is created by any relevant process of a User concerning this licensed organization or entity. If for example a COSIS.net User registers for a conference of a licensed organization working with COSIS.net an affiliation of the User with this organization is created within COSIS.net and Personal Data of this particular User are henceforth accessible for this licensed organization within COSIS.net via a special access tool of this organization for COSIS.net. User's affiliation with a licensed organization or entity in COSIS.net is shown to this respective User (not the entire COSIS.net community) by means of a mark in the "Dashboard" section (under "more") in COSIS.net. Thus the respective User will know at all times which licensed organization or entity has access to the respective User's Personal Data in COSIS.net. This licensed organization or entity may add or change information concerning the respective User in COSIS.net such as the Provider itself, for example an organization can attribute scientific awards, positions or publications to this affiliated User in the "Personal Records" section. If the User does not want to keep information about its scientific awards, positions or publications available for the COSIS.net community, the respective User can make this information likewise invisible in the "Profile" section on the "Privacy Settings" page. Further, the User can request from Provider to delete any affiliation created in or by COSIS.net with a licensed organization or entity (shown in the Dashboard section of the respective User). The User shall address such deletion request to e-public: electronic publishing + consulting GmbH, Kreuzbergstr. 30, 10965 Berlin, Germany either by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to: +49 (0)30 26 55 09 41). The Provider will inform the licensed organization or entity of such deletion.
7. All User Data are stored and processed by the Provider to run and to constantly improve COSIS.net and its applications for COSIS.net Users and licensed organizations or entities. If any other User searches for a User name in the COSIS.net directory for example, the Provider will process the User's Personal Data to be able to show the User's name. If the User has chosen to make public within the COSIS.net community or within the Professional Network the respective User's scientific vita or personal picture for example, the Provider will process these data alike to be able to show the scientific vita or personal picture to the COSIS.net community or to Professional Network members. The Provider will also process User Data to provide dynamic, individually aligned web pages to Users, introducing Users to each other for example or to suggest contacts to Users. The Provider reserves the right to process User Data to generate statistics and analysis. Such statistics and analysis are anonymous and do not contain information about individual Users. Licensed organizations or entities will have access to such anonymous statistics and analysis.
8. The Provider will process User's email address solely to send a newsletter about COSIS.net and related issues to this User not more often than once a month. Further e-mail messaging and information can be switched on or switched off within the "Alert Services" section of COSIS.net. The Provider reserves the right to attach a minor part to such e-mails containing advertisements for products and services of any third party, for example an upcoming conference of a licensed organization.
9. User Data entered by the respective User within COSIS.net is stored by the Provider until the User de-registers from COSIS.net.
10. COSIS.net provides a shop tool (the COSIS Shop) which enables Users to purchase registrations for scientific conferences or to purchase related literature for example. Herewith provided data protection statement does NOT apply for the use of the COSIS Shop. The COSIS Shop has a separate data protection statement ("COSIS Shop Data Protection", see under COSIS Shop).
11. The Data Protection statement is constantly available on COSIS.net for any User on the bottom of each COSIS.net page. The User can revoke its acceptance to the storage and processing of its data as described herein at any time for the future. To revoke the User's acceptance the User shall contact e-public: electronic publishing + consulting GmbH, Kreuzbergstr. 30, 10965 Berlin, Germany either by email to: email@example.com or by fax to: +49 (0)30 26 55 09 41).
Language Notice: Should there be an User who is not capable to fully understand this Data Protection statement in English language such User shall before accepting this Data Protection statement contact e-public: electronic publishing + consulting GmbH, Kreuzbergstr. 30, 10965 Berlin, Germany either by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to +49 (0)30 26 55 09 41 and will then receive a German version of this Data Protection statement. However, in case of doubt the English version is the valid version of this Data Protection statement.
Sprachhinweis: Sollte ein Nutzer nicht in der Lage sein diese Datenschutzerklärung vollständig in englischer Sprache zu verstehen, sollte sich dieser Nutzer bevor er dieser Datenschutzerklärung zustimmt mit e-public: electronic publishing + consulting GmbH, Kreuzbergstr. 30, 10965 Berlin, Germany entweder via Email an: email@example.com oder via Fax an +49 (0)30 26 55 09 41 in Verbindung setzen und wird dann eine deutsche Fassung dieser Datenschutzerklärung erhalten. Dennoch ist im Zweifelsfalle die englische Version dieser Datenschutzerklärung die maßgebliche Version.